Does branded swag actually work? Wouldn’t it just be easier to just send out a mailing and do a social media campaign? Or perhaps, just have a booth at a show and give out business cards?
While these parts are necessary for most, if not all marketing campaigns, so is branded merchandise! When you give someone a product with your logo on that they personally can use, it gets their emotions involved with your brand. They might have their favorite coffee mug, or their warmest blanket, or their best Bluetooth speaker with your logo on, and it creates a link between your brand messaging and them personally. It gives them a reason to think of your company and to remember it.
Studies have been done as to the effectiveness of promotional products, and below are five interesting facts about branded items:
1. Before receiving a promotional product, 55% of people had done business with the advertiser. After receiving a promotional product, 85% of people did business with the advertiser.
2. Adding a promotional product to the media mix increases the effectiveness of other media by up to 44%.
3. Promotional products draw as many as 500% more referrals from satisfied customers than an appeal letter alone.
4. 76.2% of consumers can recall the product, advertiser and message of a promo item they’d received in the last two years.
5. Consumers hang on to to promotional products for an average of 6.6 months.
In marketing, your goal is to get in front of your target audience with something that will either reinforce your brand to them or get them engaged to potentially become a customer.
Finding the right branded gift for your marketing message can be challenging but the team at CUBIK can help with some great ideas of effective products and help you avoid swag that doesn't work.